23.3.09

Response to "Transcience" (Laura)

In the story "Transience" by Annam, a girl who lives her life as a drifter is found dead with no one knowing her true identity. Throughout the story we learn facts about her life through the different people she's encountered along the way. In a way these characters are changed by this young girl who never stayed in one place for too long. She saves their lives but sadly loses her own.

What I think the story is trying to convey is that were all connected in some bizarre way. As strangers we walk by each other on the street, ignoring one another brushing by without care. Although we may be too wrapped up in our own life at times were still all just one step away from meeting a new person that could change the pathway our life is on at the moment, may it be for better or for worse. I prefer the former. One person who could essentially shine a whole new light on an area in your life that's been hidden.

Now if I was asked the question --- If you were the author of "Transience" would you change anything about it?

I would have to respond no, I would not. (Especially since I share the blog with the author of the story)
The reason I liked it so much was because it worked and was written so well, I wouldn't even know what to change If forced to. I sincerely enjoyed reading it from beginning to end because it caught my attention, which I'll admit is not always easy to do. The way Miss Malik describe everything in details allowed me to picture the story in my head as though I was watching a movie play out. I liked how she started the story off too, with the young boys finding her cold lifeless body. As a reader it made me feel pity for the girl right away and how she was all alone when her life ended too soon.

I look forward to reading more stories by Annam. She has a knack for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment