26.3.09

3rd story idea (Laura)


Right now I'm working on my third story and there are a few ideas floating around my noggin. I had a hard time for awhile trying to think of something interesting to write about. Little did I know but it would take another class to help me along in my brainstorming. My psychology class was the one to inspire me when I had to write a paper about the fears people sometimes express in life a few weeks ago. Now I'm thinking about writing about three or four individuals that are connected or somehow cross paths during their lives due to their various strange phobias. Believe me there are alot, ALOT of strange phobias out there.
Researching for it last week I certainly got a small kick out of looking through the list of fears people develop. I mean I thought I had it bad with being scared of bugs and heights, but there are actual people out there that are afraid of things that aren't so obvious to those making a list. There is the obligatory fear of the dark, but the fear of laughter and the fear of bald people kind of threw me for a loop when I read them. I'm defiantly making one of my characters exhibit a phobia close in strangeness to those two.
I'm already starting to think of the names for my characters, one of my favorite parts of coming up with a story. One of them is going to be named Walter, after this sweet little old man that was in my film class last semester and another character is going to be called Sophia, for my niece.
That's all I've thought about so far, I'm slowly going through the details and most importantly the actual plot of my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment